Internet marketing is a brave new world these days. Do you know any successful internet marketers? Do you know any unsuccessful internet marketers? Are you an aspiring internet marketer yourself?
I know several of each, both successful and unsuccessful. The unsuccessful are past friends, long gone, back to the daily 9 to 5 JOB. I was thinking of them recently and trying to decide what separates the ones that win online and the onlines that don’t. Here is my top 8 dominant traits of a successful internet marketer.
1. Faith. Whether you believe in God, a higher power, or worship any other gods, in my opinion you must have faith. To me, faith means believing in the unknown. I am a Christian, raised in the South. I believe in the trilogy, God the father, Jesus the son, and the holy spirit. Having a relentless, God first mentality is more important, in my opinion and belief, than anything else. Whatever you believe in, having faith is my top priority.
2. Family. Does your family support your decision? Does your family know about your internet marketing business? Does your family know about your internet marketing desires? Having the support of your family is highly important. After all, who loves you more than family? No one.
3. Relationships. Does your spouse or partner support your internet marketing business? If not, therein lies big trouble. If so, congratulations. You see, in my opinion, any successful internet marketer knows that the work ethic to succeed online is not matched or equalled in the normal 9 to 5 corporate world. If your spouse or partner is not supporting you, the time spent building your business can cause major issues.
4. Mentor. Having a mentor or mentors is very important as well. After all, I don’t know of any colleges, universities or formal educational institutions where you can learn the ins and outs of internet marketing. Having a mentor to learn from, to ask questions, with live or recorded video training and teaching is vital. The internet is constantly evolving. Learning from your mentor should be fun. If you don’t have a mentor, then find one. Just make sure your mentor is reputable and has your best interests at heart.
5. Desire. Your mentor can only teach you so much. Your mentor can only point you in the right direction. The rest is up to you. Do you have the desire to succeed online? Are you willing to do what is necessary until the job is done? That inner desire can’t be purchased. That inner desire can’t be faked. That inner desire comes from no one else. Do you have it?
6. Marketing Plan. Do you have a marketing plan? In my opinion, there is no one perfect marketing plan. That’s why the guru’s do massive split testing to determine what works best for their business. You should do the same. If you don’t know what works best, your efficiency level will suffer. Working hard is good, but working smarter is better. Put your efforts into what works best for your business.
7. Stickt-to-it-iveness. This is plain and simple. Don’t give up, don’t ever give up. Finish what you started. You will have to tweak and change as you go, but stick to it. Think big, aim high, but never quit.
8. Platinum Rule. This is similar to the golden rule (do unto others as you would do unto yourself). However, I try to live by the platinum rule. Do more unto others as you would do unto yourself. If you help others succeed, that will only help your business.